The second phase of the Covid-19 vaccination campaign in India has begun. It aims to cover 10 crore people across the country. So far, more than 1.5 people in the middle have found the Covid-19 rifle.
Countries and UTs have been asked to maintain a comprehensive immunization program that includes weekly and bi-weekly immunization programs to expand local and private immunization sites as well as the number of vaccines available.
Health workers and other staff will be trained to manage vaccinations and other quality procedures at these facilities in the next two days, the health department said.
Here’s what you need to know about phase 2 of India’s Covid-19 vaccine drive:
People over the age of 60 and people between the ages of 45 and 59 with co-morbidities are allowed to take the Covid-19 vaccine.
The government has released a list of 20 comorbidities linked to the vaccine.
Here is a list of 20 comorbidities:
1. Heart failure and hospital admission last year
2.Send a heart transplant / Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
3. Ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF <40%)
4. Moderate or Acute Valvular Heart Disease
5. Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or Idiopathic PAH
6. Coronary Artery Disease with past CABG / PTCA / MI and Hypertension / Diabetes treatment
7. Treatment of Angina and Hypertension / Diabetes
8. CT / MRI record stroke and high blood pressure / diabetes treatment
9. Pulmonary artery hypertension and hypertension / diabetes on treatment 10. Diabetes (> 10 years or more) and high blood pressure on treatment
11. Kidney / liver / hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient / waiting list
12. Phase in Ending Kidney Disease in hemodialysis / CAPD
13. Long-term current use of oral corticosteroids / antidepressants
14. Rotten liver disease
15. Severe respiratory infections in hospitals over the past two years / FEVI <50%
16. Lymphoma / Leukemia / Myeloma
17. Diagnosis of any solid cancer before or after July 1, 2020 or currently on any cancer treatment
18. Sickle Cell Disease / Bone Marrow Failure / Aplastic Anemia / Thalassemia Major
19. Basic HIV Diseases / Infections
20. People with disabilities due to intellectual disabilities / muscle attacks / acid attacks with the involvement of the respiratory system / people with disabilities with high support needs / multiple disabilities including blindness