With Whatsapp being the most used app for most of the people in the country, whether it’s a college group or a family group or your Nana, Nani and Kaka sending you the Good Morning messages on it, the mornings of Indians starts with Whatsapp. This app has came up with 10 of the biggest feature in the year 2020 and that has helped it boost and gain more attention of the people.
WhatsApp has added several new features during the passing year 2020. While some of these features were already there in the year 2019 but other got added during this year. Here’s a list of the 10 best features of this app that we have got in the year 2020.
- WhatsApp finally got it’s disappearing messages feature. With the help of this feature one can send messages that disappear on WhatsApp by enabling disappearing messages. Once this feature is enabled on the phone, new messages sent in the individual or group chat will disappear after the seven days after it is sent.
- WhatsApp Payments has now finally came out of beta this year, that is three years after it was launched in India. WhatsApp Payments offers will allow money transfer and it does not come with other features like the bill payments or the integration to shopping websites or the wallet.
- Before this feature came out, the WhatsApp users were able to set only one wallpaper for all the chats in the app. But last month, the company had introduced a new feature of customisable wallpapers. By using this feature, users can now send different types of wallpapers for different chats. There’s also an amazing other option to have their photos as the wallpaper in the app.
- WhatsApp has come up with a new feature for muting the chats permanently, this mute options was only for a hour or week. The users can now put a chat on mute permanently or until they want. Using the Always mute feature, users can now mute their personal chats and WhatsApp groups until they want, these was the features that most of the people awaited for.
- This year we saw animated stickers coming up to WhatsApp. The company has introduced a lot of animated stickers in order to make the conversation more fun and interesting in the friends and family group. Right now, there are four animated sticker packs available for download which are inbuilt in the app.
- WhatsApp has also added group support for the video calls. They have allowed to make video calls directly on group. The company has introduced the feature where the users are allowed to call up to eight people at the same time.
- WhatsApp also has introduced Advanced Search functionality in the app this year. This feature helps the users to find not only text messages, but also they can look for photos, GIFs, videos and other documents through the search feature.
- WhatsApp QR Code feature now makes it easier for users to add new contacts. It helps the users to share their contact details with other people just through their own customised QR codes. Users can also find their customised QR code in the Settings section of the app. It is present on the top right side which is in front of the name and profile picture.
- With a lot of people liking the dark mode, the year the public has also witnessed the coming of Dark Mode in WhatsApp. The company says that Dark Mode helps to decrease the strain that affects on the eyes.
- The app has also recently introduced a storage management tool. This will automatically notify the users when the storage of their phone starts getting full on their smartphones. Also this lets them to delete junk data or photos and also videos and it also helps to free up the storage space on their smartphone.